Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Healing Start

For seven years I have been struggling with the feelings of bitterness, resentment, and even a little hatred. However, these past couple of months have really had me brewing with emotion for this certain situation. Just recently I went to a concert featuring Josh Garrels. (If you haven't heard of him, look him up on you tube and listen to his music there.) There came up a point where he was introducing his next song "Slip Away". He talked about how a lot of his friends that he and his wife stood in weddings for, separation and divorce were taking place. He described it as like a wave from an ocean. He went on saying that the reason why marriages do not last, whether its because of one person or both persons, the reason is they stop building. Marriage takes work; it's a growing and building process. As soon as I heard this I immediately had an "ah-ha" moment. Now I feel that I can fully forgive this person that hurt me and several other people for that matter. I can finally begin to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment