Monday, May 14, 2012

Jesus Wept

The shortest verse in the Bible is John 11:35, "Jesus wept." A significant meaning with just two words. When we find this scripture, we find it the story of Lazerus. He has died and Jesus weeps for him; He weeps with his family. I truly believe that this was a family that Jesus could count on, they would be there. Maybe they even shared some laughs, some tears, jokes, etc. But when I see those two words, many thoughts come to my mind. Does Jesus still weep? I ask this because even though He is now in perfection, His church and Bride is not yet. We mess up. We hurt. We  cry. Does Jesus weep when we weep? So many struggle with sin, does Jesus weep with us when we are sorry. He knows our hearts intentions. When our hearts break, does His? He carried the ultimate burden and that was carrying the cross that would bare our sin and shame. I'm someone that if I get teary eyed, more than likely I will just let my tears fall. Crying is apart of life; its emotion. 
Jesus at one point was human. So therefore He had the physical ability to cry. I know that when we get to heaven there will be no more crying, but does He still weep? God sees my tears. I can't see His, but I know when I do something wrong I hurt Him. It's not like I wake up in the morning planning to screw up my day. I love the Lord and He loves me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment