Monday, March 25, 2013

Who I Was; Who I Am Now

Well, for starters, I know all about church. I was raised in and around church. From birth until now. My whole life has been centered around church and Christian morals and values. I heard all about the words of Jesus and the works of Jesus. I knew very early in life that salvation was the way to heaven only through Jesus. At age 4, I sang my first solo in church. I participated in the church plays and all the children's productions. 
At about age 8 or 9, I attended youth camp. Always looked forward to camp. It was the best part of my summer. This particular summer would put me on a course that would change my life. I GET SAVED!!! Definitely the best day ever. I believed and I made a choice.
Life went on. Continued to grow up and began learning how to serve in the church. My parents, both Godly and very talented in music, I started playing in the church band. As I mentioned earlier, I sang in the children's choir. Then when I finally made it to youth group, I joined the youth choir. That would eventually lead me to singing with the adults. 
In March 2003, the youth goes to Winterfest. I will never forget this trip. About 50-60 teens pile up in a charter bus and head up to Knoxville, TN for the weekend. Whoop! Whoop! Little did I know my life was about to change. During the service I knew that something was missing. I knew that even though I had gotten saved at such a young age, I knew that I had not been applying Christ to my life. I wanted a fresh start; a new beginning. This was the weekend that I dedicated my life back to Christ. The next night to follow I would be filled with the Holy Spirit. 
Since then my life has not been the same.
I am so thankful for Jesus Christ. I am forever grateful for the cross that He died on so that I could and may live. 

Recently I was asked the following questions:


  1. What is the essence of God's message through you? Even though I knew all about church, and I was a good person, God had to show me that I was empty. The only way I could be full was to be full in Him. I had to accept Christ as my Savior. 
  2. What is His call/purpose on your life? Well, just any other believer, we all share the calling to share the Gospel with others. I'm learning that it may be in a different way, but just as long as His word and truth are shared, then Praise the Lord.
Even since my re-dedication, I have messed up. I have had to ask God's forgiveness. Sometimes that's on a more than once a day, daily basis. That's cool though. God's grace is sufficient. Jesus cares for me enough, that He is not giving up on me. Thank God that He didn't. 


2 comments:

  1. good word...God is reaping thru you for His Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete