Saturday, May 18, 2013

Health Update #2

My confidence has boosted this week!! On Monday I went for my check-up and found out some great news. My total weight loss as of May 13, 2013 is 17 lbs. That means two more pounds managed to get lost. Can't forget to mention that I have lost 5 inches off my waist. Talk about being a little giddy. After these stats, the nurse went to take my BP, and the machine couldn't read it because of all my excitement. I couldn't contain myself. For once, especially in a doctors office I couldn't sit still. I was laughing and I know my smile was from ear to ear.  So I had to calm down, breathing in and out to do so and try again. It finally read 110/76. AWESOME!!

My overall goal is to lose anywhere from 70 to 100 pounds. However, I know that I can't think of it like that so I gave myself a set of short term goals. My first short term goal is to lose 20 lbs. I am almost there. It's been a lot harder than what I thought it would be, but not impossible. I am surrounded by people that are encouraging and helpful.

I am so thankful for what has been achieved so far. I must continue to move forward. 

Once I reach my goal of 20 lbs, I plan on taking a picture just to see if I can tell a difference. Others can tell by looking at me; the only way that I have been able to tell my weight loss is because my clothes are becoming loose. In fact, bought a pair of sweat pants on Wednesday and I got them them a size and a half smaller.
YAY!! Praise The Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment