Sunday, May 26, 2013

Me and Risks: Part 2

Pastor Jimmy Evans from Gateway Church out in Texas said, "Satan puts fear on us so we won't do God's will. You'll regret EVERY fear-based decision you make."

Fear is the absence of Faith. My mind says one thing, my heart says another. So what do I do? I definitely don't want to be a coward because of my fear, but at the same time I don't want to look like a fool for going with my gut (shall we say). Plus, if I go with what I do feel and not fear, what if it does not go the way I was "hoping" it would? Then it would be hard to trust any kind of feeling ever again. I'm guess that's where the risk-taking comes in. I would have taken the risk and even though the response may not be what I intended or hoped for, at least I could say I didn't let a fear get the best of me. Fear didn't win.

Some of you might be wondering what I'm facing, but to be honest, I can't tell you. All I know what I'm going through, I am not the only one in the world. Taking a risk can go for any and all situations. I keep praying for God's will, that's number one. Secondly, I just ask for little things to take place, nothing huge. Little things can speak huge volumes. Of course, sometimes that's where I get in way over my head. I do know more than anything, that God has everything under control. I will continue to pray for His guidance. I will have faith and trust God completely.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment