Friday, March 16, 2012

I'm Accountable

I look back on my childhood and I already wish I would have treated my family better. My parents, brother, and sister deserved so much more respect than what I gave them. It was not a problem when I was around anyone else, but around my immediate in-home family, I struggled. No one deserved any disrespect. I had a good childhood. My upbringing was right and held high standards. For not showing that respect, I am truly sorry.

I hold dear to my heart the scripture in Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go,And when he is old he will not depart from it." I thank God for this promise to my parents. I'm thankful that I will have this promise.

As a praise and worship leader, especially to children, I believe in some ways I am held accountable for what I do and do not teach them. Even though I am not the parent, I understand that I may be the only Bible they see. It's my job to teach about praise and worship, but it's even more important that these kids hear the about the love of Jesus. Then not just hear about it, but they need to see it. Christ can be seen through our lives; through our actions; through our conversations.

I want to sow into these kids as if they were my own. They are all very dear to my heart. I will teach them what I can and capable of, but parents you must do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment