Friday, March 16, 2012

A Vision: Kids Praise Station

Currently, our theology class is reading Portraits of A Vision. Then on the side I read a devotional by Joyce Meyer. One of the days I read was on vision. The scripture came from Habakkuk 2:2-3, "Record the vision and inscribe it on tablets, that the one who reads it may run. For the vision is yet for appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay."

The Bible also says in Proverbs 28:18, "Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, but happy is he who keeps the law." This is how the Message interprets the verse, "If people can't see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; But when they attend to what he reveals, they are most blessed."

Pastor asked me to pray and so I did. I believe it was back in November when the door was opened to take on a new group of worshippers. Excited I was!! I knew that God was steering me in a new direction, but still allowing me to use my gifts and talents with music. The door that opened was being the Children's Music Director. Every Sunday I lead Praise and Worship with the kids. We have a wonderful time singing about Jesus. It's my job I believe to also start teaching these kids the importance of Praise and Worship. I'm grateful for the opportunity to do so.

Some Sunday's are a little more challenging than others, but it's okay. God never said that it would be easy, but the good news is we never have to go it alone. God is right there through and in it all. Not only that, but we have an awesome support system of leaders at The Lighthouse who love our youth and children. I praise and thank God for that!!

Our goal is branch out a little more with our kids. Children are just as much ministers as grown adults. In reality, kids are not afraid to be blunt with someone. They will tell you like it is. Some of my kids have a parent in jail. I'm expecting chains and bondages to be broken because of the faith and prayers of these kids. I'm looking forward to the testimonies of families whose lives were and are changed because of their son, daughter, niece, nephew, grandson, grandaughter...God WILL use them!!

On average, we have about thirty children. I am thankful for the kids we have. Can't wait to see it grow!! I know that God is expanding and raising up a generation to stand up for Him. 

With children, there is no such thing as fake when it comes to loving Jesus. Their worship is real and it's pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment