The notes are as followed:
- Without family, man alone in the world trembles in the cold.
- Natural family = Spiritual family
- Helps, Compliments
1 Peter 3:1-6 (Message)
"The same goes for you wives: Be good wives to your husbands, responsive to their needs. There are husbands who, indifferent as they are to any words about God, will be captivated by your life of holy beauty. What matters is not your outer appearance—the styling of your hair, the jewelry you wear, the cut of your clothes—but your inner disposition.Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. The holy women of old were beautiful before God that way, and were good, loyal wives to their husbands. Sarah, for instance, taking care of Abraham, would address him as "my dear husband." You'll be true daughters of Sarah if you do the same, unanxious and unintimidated."
Also Read Ephesians 5 (Amplified)
If the splendor of the church was to be measured by our marriage, how would she fear?
- Stay in love- don't forget what made you fall in love.
- You have to look past the dysfunction.
- Learn from altitude- learn to take high ground.\
- Isaiah 5:1-4, "Now let me sing to my Well-beloved. A song of my Beloved regarding His vineyard: My Well-beloved has a vineyard on a very fruitful hill. He dug it up and cleared out its stones, and planted it with the choicest vine. He built a tower in its midst, and also made a winepress in it; So He expected it to bring forth good grapes, but it brought forth wild grapes. “And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem and men of Judah, Judge, please, between Me and My vineyard. What more could have been done to My vineyard that I have not done in it? Why then, when I expected it to bring forth good grapes, Did it bring forth wild grapes?"
- Realize that their fruit is your fruit also.
- Learn the art of releasing one another
- Learn to be yoked together.
- 2 COR 6:14, "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?"
- None of us graduates from growing.
- Redeem strengths; Redeem weaknesses
- Don't make battlefields or enemies over what happens in life.
- Low maintenance is attractive.
- Try their shoes on every now and then.
- Kids: Choose your battles. Choose Holy Spirit (trust)
- Take kids on journey
- Don't be afriad to say "Sorry".
- Ministry families... keep politics away from your kids.
- Cultivate the love affair