Friday, March 23, 2012

They Wait; I Wait; He Waits

As I wait on the Lord I grow stronger! Or what about what doesn't kill you makes you stronger? Out of everyone I know, no one likes to wait. It does not matter what the situation; there is no one who likes to wait. I also know that good things come to those who wait. Well, here is the latest news: I'm tired of waiting!! Is there ever too much waiting? I know that it feels like it. The two questions I ask the Lord a lot: 1) Why? 2) When? Waiting is not fun and if you think it is, you are crazy! It is beneficial. We all know the saying "It's worth the wait." 
The title of this entry is in three parts. Part one: They wait. Family and friends all around me are waiting. Situations and circumstances have really gotten out of hand. Some have really gone too far, but ... They wait on their answers. They wait on the freedom. They wait for the change, if there is to be any change at all. The second part being I wait. Using the same scenarios. I wait on change. I wait on answers. I wait.... Get my point. Now the third part is He waits. He, meaning God. Sometimes, not all the time- not even most, but sometimes I think God likes to wait. He knows it will drive us down here on earth crazy. Then again I don't think He likes to wait. He has planned out every human beings life. However, we have this thing called free will or ability to make our own choices. God does not make us do anything. So when we venture off a bit, He waits for us to come back. Now there are times when He will put His put foot and say it's time to get serious. I know with the stuff I have done, God did not have to wait on me that long. He did though. He is so patient and so loving and so forgiving. I could go on and on. 
No one likes to wait, but sometimes it really is the best thing. It may not seem like it during that time and season of waiting, but when you reflect you become humble and thankful before God. I don't want to keep God waiting any more on me because I decided to do my own thing. I still have to wait, but it really is worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment