Monday, July 23, 2012

Music

"Today's music..today's artists...don't be deceived by their messages. In fact most the time, its just better not to listen to that song no matter how cool the beat and/or tune is."

Above is from a status that I wrote just recently on my Facebook. Music is a big part of my life. I'm a singer, a songwriter, and of course a customer when it comes to purchase. In just my CD collection alone, I have over 400 CD's and its still growing.
When I was a teenager I would listen to day in and day out all sorts of music. For example, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, etc. Now a days, there is Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and many more.  Some of the artists I listened to back then are still making music even today. Let me just say, I always have been and always will be a fan of the Backstreet Boys.
The music that Britney and Christina started out making and the music they are putting out now...bug difference. When they first came out on the scene as solo artists, most of their songs were innocent and fun to listen to. They were teenage girls singing about who teenage girls sing about. Mostly boys, love, and broken hearts. Now, Britney has a called "3" and its about having a threesome.
Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" is a song full of deception. Yes, we are all born unique, but God did not create anyone person to be gay. Yes, God loves that person, but He hates the sin. Yet there are millions, if not billions of people all over the world who follow her and help her preach that message that we are born this way.
Why would you allow your kids to listen to these songs?
Why would you, as a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN, allow yourself to listen to these songs?
I myself still listen to some secular music, but I still have boundaries. I know in my heart what I can listen to and what I SHOULD NOT be listening to.
What I listen to in the secular world is between me and God. The same goes for you. I cannot tell you what you can and cannot listen to, but if God says, "Hey! Should you really be listening to that?" And you say, "Well, probably not," Then its a good idea just to listen to the Lord and your heart.

Lucifer's job while still in heaven was Praise and Worship. Since he got the boot, was fired, and cast down into hell, seems that he gets his messages out in the worldly music.

All I'm saying is be careful what you let your ears hear.
Be careful what you let into your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment