Monday, July 30, 2012

Woman of Excellence

The story of Ruth is one of my favorite's in the Bible. I've read it seems like a 100 times and every time I find something that just sticks out. In tonight's reading I found this :
"Then he said, “May you be blessed of the Lord, my daughter. You have shown your last kindness to be better than the first by not going after young men, whether poor or rich. Now, my daughter, do not fear. I will do for you whatever you ask, for all my people in the city know that you are a woman of excellence."- RUTH 3:10-11 (NAS)
Here is how it reads in the message: "He said, "God bless you, my dear daughter! What a splendid expression of love! And when you could have had your pick of any of the young men around. And now, my dear daughter, don't you worry about a thing; I'll do all you could want or ask. Everybody in town knows what a courageous woman you are— a real prize!"
Because of Ruth's obedience and submissiveness, she found favor with God, Boaz, and even her mother-in-law Naomi. Woman!! Grab a hold of this!!! This is NOT a thing of the past. This is even for such a time as this. God wants to make you into a woman of excellence!!! Put Him first!! You want a man of God; be a woman of God. That's where it all begins. 
Ruth could have listened to Naomi at the beginning and went back to her hometown. She would have found a new husband, started a new family, etc. Instead she said, "Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God." Ruth didn't settle for second best. I believe she stepped out of her comfort zone. God had planned and had purpose in Ruth's life. Again, because of her obedience, she found favor. People knew who she was! She was a woman of excellence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment