Thursday, February 28, 2013

Life Happens

Things aren't always what they seem to be. We all have a brain, but not one is the same. The way that we interpret things is different. Not every one will make decisions the same exact way. Whether we believe it or not, we are all uniquely different from others. The reason why I began with the statement  I chose is because of what I have had to face. Some people think that I have it all put together. If you think that, then you really don't know me. That's ok though. But for the ones who do know me, you can tell when I'm not my usual perky, bubbly self. Sometimes I don't even have to be in a mood, I could just be having one of those days. Hey!! It's called life for a reason and life happens!!
My life, I'm sure with several others around, has not turned out the way I thought it would. What do I have to say about that? Well, being a Christian I say the reason why it has not turned out the way I planned is because I tell myself and others that its not about what I want, but what God has planned already for my life. Everything has indeed happened for a reason. It's a reason that has been divinely orchestrated by God Himself.
I am having to learn several life lessons. Some are difficult to grasp and some are easy catch. However, I am also learning how control my minds thoughts. Again, sometimes easy; sometimes not.  There's a list of thoughts that I have written on my bathroom mirror to remind me what kinds of thoughts I should be thinking. These thoughts have already been of great help to me during this month of February. For example, there is a thought that says, "I am content and emotionally stable." I about busted out laughing when I saw it. I knew immediately that this was one I would have to work on. Contentment has become more accepting, but the emotionally stable part, not so much. This past year has been really testing me emotionally. So my goal for the past 28 days has been to change my way of thinking and to get a start and get grounded in my thoughts. For me it's been possible to do so because I have been reading my Bible more everyday. It has not felt like a chore. My prayer life is growing. I could be in my works supply room, and if you were to come in and hear me talking to myself, more than likely I am praying. The one thing I like that I have noticed is I am laughing more. I do not like the feeling of depression. It's a lonely place to be, but I am far from being lonely. God has never left me. I have a family. I have friends, several church family, and great people that I work with. God has indeed blessed me. My faith and hope are renewed. I am ready to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment