Monday, December 30, 2013

Home Alone: The Perks

My Parents travel quite a bit. In fact as I type this they are currently in Florida, our hometown of Kissimmee. When they return, they will only be home for a couple of days before they head over to London. So naturally, even at 28 years old I find joy when they leave for a vacation. Yes I want them to be safe and return home safely, but still I like it when they leave. 
I thought it would be fun to list the perks of being home alone. Here they are: 

1. Brewing coffee. (My Dad can't stand the smell.)
2. No one is in the kitchen where I am awakened by the clanking of pots and pans. 
3. I choose what's for dinner. That is if I eat anything at all. 
4. Don't have to share TV time. 
5. I know I'm not disturbing anyone in the house. 
6. Loud music. 
7. Experimental cooking. 
8. Click out of being the bossy older sister. (My brother and I actually get along better)
9. I don't have to isolate myself to a certain part of the house. 
10. Access to Mom and Dads car.
11. I choose what time I eat dinner. It's usually around the 5:00 hour. 
12. Reading out loud and knowing I'm not bothering anyone. 
13. Not being asked to do anything. 
14. Clean at my own pace. No rushing for me. 
15. Not in a hurry for anything. 

Of course you can't just list the perks without mentioning the non-perks of being home alone. 

1. Take care of animals. This includes feeding hay to the cows during the winter. By the way, the hay we use makes me itch and sneeze like no other. 
2. Something usually always happens cow related, but just as long as it's none of them dropping dead or having troubled labor it's not that bad. I just have to keep watch. 
3. Make sure garbage is gathered and ready to go out on Monday. (Which reminds me, it's Monday!)... Be right back. 
.........
Ok. I'm back!

4. Water plants. If you know me, this is probably the one thing that is the hardest. I don't do plants, at least real ones. They don't stand a chance. 
5. Let's just sum it all up. All the responsibility that I normally don't do, I have to do. 

I'm sure there are more pros and cons to being home alone, but all in all I enjoy it. 
May you have some of your own. Tell me what they are. 

Blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment