Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Attitudes

Unhealthy to Healthy Attitudes

Excerpt from Joyce Meyer Study Bible:

It has been proven that if people believe something about themselves strongly enough, they will actually begin to behave the way they perceive themselves to be. But I have good news: Your mind can be renewed by the Word of God. This does not happen instantly, but it is possible with the help of the Holy Spirit. God wants you to bear good fruit, and He will help you do so by replacing bad roots with good roots as you meditate on His word. Jesus invites us to be rooted and grounded in Him and in His love.”

Helpful Scriptures
    • Romans 12:2, “Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].”

    • Luke 6:44, “For each tree is known and identified by its own fruit; for figs are not gathered from thorn-bushes, nor is a cluster of grapes picked from a bramble-bush.”

    • Ephesians 3:17, “May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love.”

    • Colossians 2:7, “Have the roots [of your being] firmly and deeply planted [in Him, fixed and founded in Him], being continually built up in Him, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as you were taught, and abounding and overflowing in it with thanksgiving.”



Don't worry if you think you're alone on this topic. You're not. I'm in the same boat. I get caught up in my flesh and in the worldly things around me, that I'm not thinking about what's healthy for my spirit.

I've learned that people are watching even when you think that they're not. Sometimes you might get away with it, but if you're serious about changing, then you won't. God will correct you some way and some how. He can use someone in your life to correct you. Your attitude could be unintentional. Things happen. Life is going to happen. As long as we are still breathing, then we can do nothing to stop it. However, we can control our actions and our attitudes. Take it from me, sometimes its not all that easy.

We need to remember to stay on our guard and pay more attention to what kind of fruit we're allowing in our spirit. I want people to be able to see Christ through me and that I'm different from the rest of the world. I want my faith to be strong. I want to be grounded in my Father and rooted within His word. That way when the enemy or just life itself throws something at me, I'll be ready to throw it right back in its face.

As mentioned earlier, this is not an overnight, instantaneous act, but its not impossible. Nothing is impossible with God. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!


A prayer:
Lord, it's important as your servant, but even more your child for me to have a good and healthy attitude. I don't want to seem like my life is show at church or in public. The attitude needs to be the same throughout my life. Daddy God, help me. Replace the bad roots, bad fruit with ALL good roots, and good fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment