Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A New Me

When I got saved I became a new creature in the sight of God. My name was written down in the Book of Life. So exciting to be apart of something new. God gave me joy, peace, love....everything I need to make it through this earthly journey, He has equipped me for. However, there is one area in my life where I haven't fully applied myself and that's my health; mainly my weight. I'm a woman who does not mind a little meat on my bones. I have no desire to be skinny, but healthy. God tells us that our bodies represent His temple where His Holy Spirit dwell. God deserves to dwell in a place that is clean. He deserves to dwell in a place that's beautiful, not full of trash. God made me so why would I not take care of His creation. Even though this current body will die one day (hopefully not for a very long time), it's still my duty to preserve and take care of His temple.

I have started a workout routine and hopefully soon people will start to notice. I want to feel beautiful on a daily basis. God tells me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am made in His image.

I'm so insecure, but it's time for that to go.
I hope that when summer comes I won't be ashamed of what I look like.
I hope that when I get married that I won't feel like I have to hide myself from my husband.
I want to feel good about my body.
I believe that in order to really complete God's will for our lives we need to be in good physical health.

So far I have lost 12 pounds. Hopefully more will soon shed. I want to lose quite a bit of weight, but I plan on doing it all the right way. No pills!!! Just watch what I eat. Drink lots of water. Cut out most of the sweets. I am a chocoholic, but I will refrain from having so much. Cutting out caffiene, like my sweet tea from McDonalds. They have the best all around. Anyway, now you know another goal of mine.
I'm starting a small exercise routine, but it will give good rewards. I will NOT beat myself up if I screw up. God will help me. He wants me to be healthy along with my family and friends. Most importantly I want to do this. No one is making me; this is my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment