Monday, January 2, 2012

Why 21 Days?

The time has come. It is time for the annual 21 day Daniel Fast. What does God have in store for you this year? What does He have in store for me? At first, I thought that Daniel had only fasted 10 days and then the extra 11 days came from a practice that man had determined from studies in order to break a habit. That's not the case at all. While Daniel had fasted ten days, the number 21 also comes in through the scripture and story of Daniel.

Check it out!

Daniel 10:2-3," In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled."

Daniel 10:13, " But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and be hold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia."

So we fast for 21 days because Daniel did indeed fast for three straight weeks. I'm excited to see and experience what God is going to do. God will bless you for your sacrifice. If you have never fasted, I encourage you to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment