Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Does the world seem bigger than God?

As human beings we become overwhelmed with what the world puts on our shoulders. We carry this weight that is not necessary. There is a saying that says, "The weight of the world is on your shoulders." Well, it does not have to be. In fact it shouldn't be. As Christians, we're told to take up our cross and follow Jesus. We're also told to cast all of our cares on Jesus and leave them at the foot of the cross so that we may deal with them no longer. With all the pressures of this world and the people that it entails, sometimes the world feels bigger than God. Why? Because we can't fully surrender our lives and our will to Him. It becomes difficult to give everything over to someone whom we can't physically see with our two eyes. When will we all learn that God's ways are set. We all know the saying and most of us say it about the elderlym "They're just set in their ways." That's how God is. He is set in His ways. His ways are not my ways, but I know that they are the best ways. They may be seem harder to get through, but its nothing like if we did it all our way. I believe its Elvis Presley who had a song entitled, "I Did It My Way". Do we look back and say that or can we honestly say that we did it God's way?

Psalm 90: 10-17 (NLT)
"Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty. But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we fly away. Who can comprehend the power of your anger? Your wrath is as awesome as the fear you deserve. Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom. O LORD, come back to us! How long will you delay? Take pity on your servants! Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives. Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good. Let us, your servants, see you work again; let our children see your glory. And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!"

I look and read over this passage of scripture and I'm reminded of how much God loves me. His love is unfailing. No matter how many times we feel like we have disappointed God. No matter how many times we fail in our walk with Him; God loves me. God loves you.

In our lives we will feel pain. We will grieve. We will not be fully satisfied, but GOD... God is a God who fully satisfies His children. He fills us up with everything we need. I want God's wisdom in my life. I want Him to keep reminding me of His unfailing love. I have done wrong, but God forgives and forgets. I want to be successful in the will of God. I want God to look at me and say, "Well done my child. My good and faithful servant."

No comments:

Post a Comment